Certain plants can act as natural air purifiers by cleaning the air of toxins. By absorbing harmful pollutants and chemicals, they can help improve indoor air quality. If you want to improve your indoor air quality, consider adding plants to your Port Richey home. Learn about the top plants for enhancing indoor air quality.
How Some Plants Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
There are several types of plants that can improve your home’s indoor air quality. Here are the five best plants that you can easily find in the Port Richey area.
- Aloe Vera: This popular plant will help filter out toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene.
- Chrysanthemum: These bright blooms can help filter out toxins such as ammonia and benzene.
- Spider Plant: This green plant is great at filtering out toxins such as carbon monoxide and xylene. It’s also one of the few plants that are not toxic to pets.
- Broad Lady Palm: This plant is great at reducing levels of ammonia.
- Chinese Evergreen: The Chinese Evergreen plant is excellent at filtering out formaldehyde and benzene.
The Most Reliable Way to Increase Indoor Air Quality
Plants are helpful, but it will take more to remove all the pollutants in your air. If you want to ensure that your family always enjoys superior air quality, you’ll want to have an air cleaner installed with your central air conditioner. An air cleaner will help remove dust, spores, bacteria and viruses from your home’s air circulation. This can greatly reduce the risk of contracting a cold, flu or viral infection.
Top Indoor Air Quality Services
At Crystal Air Conditioning & Heating, we have the experience and expertise to help improve the air quality of your home in the Port Richey area. To learn more about the value of HVAC maintenance in homes where asthma sufferers reside, contact Crystal Air Conditioning & Heating.
Image provided by iStock